So you want to be a writer? Or you say you already are.
Maybe you’re waiting for someone to give you that title and the thought of calling yourself a writer seems too grand a statement for the scribblings you do when kids are tucked in bed or between classes at school or after a long days work.
Maybe you feel the story in you gliding across the blank screen, but you don’t know if it’s a story worth sharing.
After all, who are you, really? There are so many other writers, ones that are better than you. Maybe what you have to say has been said before and you wonder if your voice has any place or purpose.
Maybe you have things to say. Maybe you close your eyes and dream in words. Maybe you love to make pictures rise from script.
Maybe you have never shared a single word with another soul and the prospect of doing so scares you to death.
Maybe you’ve been published everywhere, your words showcased and highlighted and you’re just not sure what to say next. Maybe you’re burned out and writing has felt more and more like a chore instead of a chance.
No matter where you are in your journey as a writer, we have a place for you.
I am so excited to invite you to this community of women who share their love of words, story, and beauty.
Because we all have critics doing battle within the recesses of our writer’s soul. We all have fears that keep pens silent and words stifled. But we all have a story to tell.
We have words God has given us to use for His glory.
So if you’re clicking over for the first time from (in)courage or if you are a long-time reader, here’s what you need to know.
- (In)courage has mad skills when it comes to building women’s community and one way they’ve done that is to form (in)courager groups.
- It’s a way to break past the comments on blog posts, tweets, or status updates and go deeper with a small community who gets you.
- There’s one that’s just right for you, even if this one isn’t it. So take a look at them all and if you want to join us, we’d love to have you.
- As one of the (in)couragers writing groups, we’ll be connecting through a private Facebook page to maintain an intimate community where we can share our stories, our hearts, our dreams, and yes, our fears. We hope this will be a place of encouragement and growth for everyone God intends.
- This isn’t meant to be a huge time commitment. We’re here for you and we know you have to live life to have anything worth writing about. There’s lots of flexibility.
- This group will run from September 23rd through November 8th. No obligations and we’re not going to make you read aloud to the class. 😉 We just want you to know we have your back and we love that you feel called to write!
- We’ll be offering 7 weeks of conversation around finding and using your voice to tell the story God has given you.
- If that’s you, be sure to head over to (in)courage and sign up for (in)couraging writers.
If you want to know a little more about me, here are some basics.
I’ll be co-leading this session with two amazing like-hearted women, Kathi and Tonya. To find out more about them check out their blogs